February is commonly called the month of love, but that shouldn’t be the only time we celebrate love. This year celebrate love all year – and what better way to do that than by becoming a more loving person. This list can help you become a more loving person to others and yourself.
1. Open the door for a stranger.
2. Make a freezer meal and deliver it a busy family.
3. Take ten minutes in the morning to meditate or do yoga.
4. Put up pictures of times when you were happy or spending time with those you love.
5. Plan a special dinner date at home for your family.
6. Invite friends you haven’t seen in awhile over for games.
7. Post an inspiring quote where you will see it throughout the day and think about what it means to you.
8. Pay for the order of the person behind you in the drive thru.
9. Surprise a coworker with a gift or card anonymously! SendOutCards can help.
10. Write a thank you note to your parent, guardian or mentor for all the things they’ve taught you.
11. Make yourself your favourite treat ‘just because’!
12. Learn about the life of one of your ancestors.
13. Send an inside joke to a friend you haven’t seen in awhile. Make your own card with Sendcere!
14. Take your spouse/partner out for a romantic walk. If you’re single take yourself out for a walk!
15. Bring a small toy or game with you to give to a child you see throughout your day.
16. Take a bubble bath.
17. Let someone go ahead of you in line.
18. Make something creative!
19. Call your grandparents.
20. Hold hands with someone you love.
21. Consider which of these daily challenges you loved and why. Then make your own list and carry on.
Research has shown that it actually takes 66 days to make a new habit. We’ve got you started – now you need to finish! It may or may not take 21 days to form a habit. But when you do your best to show others love, you learn to become a more loving person.